Devbox Cloud Open Beta
Devbox Cloud is a new way to create and run your Devbox Project in an isolated cloud environment. Devbox Cloud lets you quickly spin up an on-demand Linux Edge VM with your Devbox dependencies and shell, using either a local project or your browser.
Devbox Cloud is currently available in Open Beta, and is under active development. Please see the information in our FAQ for more details.
- Launch a Cloud Shell from your Browser
- Launch a Cloud Shell from the Devbox CLI
Try Devbox Cloud from your browser by visiting devbox.sh, or click the button below to launch a quickstart shell:
You can open any Github repo in Devbox Cloud by prefixing
https://devbox.sh/ to the repo URL.
For example, open the Devbox repo with: https://devbox.sh/github.com/jetpack-io/devbox
Read more in our Browser Quickstart
You can open any Devbox project that you have on your local machine in Devbox Cloud using the Devbox CLI.
To get started, you'll need:
- A Github Account with a linked SSH key
- Devbox 0.3.0 or higher
- A Devbox project on your local machine. Check out Devbox Examples for some example projects
From there, you can launch your Cloud Shell:
- Navigate to a folder with a
devbox.json, or create one with
devbox cloud shell
- This will create your VM, install your packages, start an SSH session, and sync your local project files to the cloud. You can now edit your files locally, and use your packages in the Cloud Shell session
Read more in our CLI Quickstart.
Devbox Cloud's Open Beta is available for free to any developer using Devbox 0.2.3 or higher.
- To get started with Devbox Cloud from your terminal, visit our Quickstart.
- To learn how to use Devbox Cloud from your browser, visit our Browser Quickstart.
- To learn more about the Open Beta, visit our FAQ.
- If you're interested in Early Access to future versions of Devbox Cloud, join our Early Access List.